A report on prayer meetings for chapel attending villagers
At the end of the 1800s prayer meetings were being conducted in Wilburton by Oliver Houlett. In 1802, a room was hired in Mrs Camp’s house and converted into a chapel. From about 1808 a Mr Langford was pastor.
A regular society of about 20 members with a congregation of 100 on Sundays existed in about 1820. This may have been in a Baptist Chapel from 1831 and it was rebuilt in 1845.
In 1851 there were more people at chapel than the Church.